Paula Deen, Nick Carter and Gary Busey: Meet the cast of DWTS Season 21
The cast of the 21st season of “Dancing with the Stars” was revealed on “Good Morning America” yesterday . . . and it’s as underwhelming as usual, especially if you’ve followed the previous announcements.
Here’s the full cast list, and the pro they’ll be dancing with:
- Gary Busey is dancing with Anna Trebunskaya.
- Racist chef Paula Deenis partnered with Louis van Amstel, who’s white . . . thankfully.
- 17-year-old Bindi Irwin, the daughter of “Crocodile Hunter”Steve Irwin, is dancing with Derek Hough.
- Nick Carterfrom the Backstreet Boys is paired with Sharna Burgess.
- R&B singer Chaka Khanis dancing with Keo Motsepe.
- Toni Braxton’s sisterTamar Braxton is partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
- Singer Andy Grammeris dancing with Allison Holker.
- “Spy Kids”actress Alexa PenaVega is partnered with Mark Ballas.
- Alexa’s husband Carlos PenaVegais paired with Witney Carson. Alexa and Carlos are the first married couple to compete against each other on the show
- Reality star Kim Zolciakfrom “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” is dancing with Tony Dovolani.
- Vine star Hayes Grieris partnered with Emma Slater.
- Triple Crown-winning American Pharoah jockey Victor Espinozais dancing with Karina Smirnoff.
- Army National Guardsman Alek Skarlatosis paired with Lindsay Arnold. He’s one of the heroes who helped stop a gunman on a Paris-bound train last month.
Season 21 premieres on Monday, September 14th. For the first time, Len Goodman will not be back as a judge. He isn’t going to be replaced, so there will only be three judges: Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Julianne Hough.
If you missed it, Gary Busey announced that he’s doing it on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Tuesday night, by riding onto the set on a HORSE. (Here’s video.)
As for Paula Deen, she denied that she was doing this to “help her reputation” . . . she said, quote, “This is the first time in a few years that I’ve felt like my weight would allow me to participate . . . I hope I’m going to maybe lose some weight and [get] a little better body.”