Tv Personality Maria Menounos Announces She Has Brain Tumor
While Maria Menounos helped her mother, Lisa Menounos, wage a battle with stage 4 brain cancer, she discovered that she had a brain tumor herself.
In February, the E!, Access Hollywood and radio star started noticing frightening symptoms, she tells People.
- “I’d been getting lightheaded on set and having headaches,” she tells People. “My speech had gotten slurred and I was having difficulty reading the teleprompter.”
- An MRI showed a golf-ball-size tumor. “I didn’t cry. I actually laughed,” she recalls. “It’s so surreal and crazy and unbelievable that my mom has a brain tumor—and now I have one too?”
- Her fiancé Keven Undergaro stepped in to support her and together, they made an appointment to have the tumor removed on June 8th, her 39th birthday. The surgery removed 99.9% of the tumor and it was benign, she explains.
- Menounos is recovering, and so is her mother, she tells People. “I don’t have my balance fully yet but as long as I’m holding on to Keven, I’m sturdy and fine,” Menounos says.
- “My face is still numb. This is something that takes at least a month of healing, but I’m getting stronger and stronger every day and I’ll be back to normal very soon.”
- She says that she will be leaving E! News, where she worked for three years to continue her healing process. She tells People: “I am going to take some time and focus on some passion projects and see what’s next. I’ve always been so proud of being a hard worker, but there’s so much more out there.”
Read more HERE