[Watch] Ellen & Oprah Take Over a Grocery Store
Oprah Winfrey and Ellen went grocery shopping and the footage is predictably ridiculous, completely ordinary and epically hilarious.
She also share some much-needed words of wisdom about the mass shooting in Las Vegas that left 59 people dead and more than 500 injured.
“I feel the soul of the nation — I feel the ache that we all feel,” she said. “As the names are coming out and you get to see who they are by name, I speak their names out loud in thoughtful prayer.”
- The 60 Minutes contributor added that the horrific tragedy should give us all pause and help us “appreciate the ordinary.”
- “I still think about, not just on the anniversary of 9/11, I still think about — sometimes at the oddest times — when I’m putting on my shoes, when I’m taking a shower, when I’m going to pick up a robe,” Winfrey explained. “I think all those people that morning did the same thing, and it was such an ordinary day.
- “I think about everybody who went to that concert the other night,” she continued. “It was just an ordinary day and how excited everybody was to be out in the open air and be at that concert. Then they didn’t come home. So, it helps us to — this is a reminder to all of us — to appreciate the ordinariness of our days because that’s what makes life extraordinary.”
- She also thanked DeGeneres for doing her part to lift spirits.
- “This is the best I’ve felt in the past couple of days,” Winfrey shared, “being able to spend time with you and come to this show because the one thing that you do — we all have ways of teaching and healing, and I did it for 25 years on the air — and I say this with just the deepest love for you, you make everybody feel better.”
Read more HERE
Photo: you tube